Connect Lambda function to RDS MySQL

Hi,
I want to write a Lambda function that connects to a RDS MySQL Database but I have almost no experiences with AWS. Can someone pls push me in the right direction? A tutorial or example code would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance
Sascha

Vapor has a MySQL client you should be able to use cc @graskind

@macsourcerer … this is probably way, way too late to help you out, but I have created the very kind of Lambda function that you ask for and which @tomerd describes … a Lambda function that uses Vapor's MySQLKit to connect to AWS RDS. I have been considering doing some kind of writeup on it because I figure there must be a least a few folks who want to know how to do this and (so far as I can tell) nobody's really done a writeup on using RDS for Lambda with Swift. Also, I think it might be fun to do a writeup on just MySQLKit…the way that it handles queries in Swift is pretty cool, but a little hard to wrap your head around when just starting out (Vapor's test cases are a great resource though). I doubt this is a still a "thing" for you, but if I can be helpful, feel free to reach out.

Hey, you are right. But never the less it would still be interesting to learn some thing about that. I ended up not using Lambda or AWS at all. But you never know...
Though looking forward read your writeup if you write one.