Can't edit my Pitch post due to "new user" error

I'm trying to edit my Pitch post (Replace the reference types weak and unowned with nonstrong) to clarify issues raised by the discussion. However I get an error "Sorry, new users can only put 5 links in a post", which forces my to "OK", then "Cancel", then "Yes, Discard Edit".

Any way to allow me to edit my pitch post? I've received some excellent comments and want to clarify and restructure my pitch to reflect these.

Thanks.

Looking at the error you're getting and your post... it looks like you could just ditch the various links at the top you included which are mostly boilerplate and not related to your pitch. But I've also bumped your trust level so you should be able to edit it now.

Thanks!

Still having issues trying to edit my pitch post (Replace the reference types weak and unowned with nonstrong). In your previous reply you indicated you bumped my trust level. However now when I click on the edit pencil, it takes me to a page labeled "History". On this page is the proposal, but the text is not editable and there's no "Edit" button.

I'm logged in (as myself, the origin author of the post). I looked around in the hamburger menu and various other places to enable edit, but am unable to figure it out (possibly I still don't have edit access).

@PatrickTheProgrammer To be clear, are you clicking the orange "edit pencil" at the top of your post? That should take you to the history page. The location of the "edit pencil" that actually opens the editor is at the bottom of the post, between "link" and "..." icons.

1 Like

Here's what I see at the bottom of my post:
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 4.01.02 PM

Here's what I see at the top of my post:
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 4.00.29 PM

The pencil at the top of my post is grey, not orange. Note there are 4 edits as when I was trying to edit and getting kicked out due to "too many links", the edit count was incremented even though I couldn't edit the post.

Gotcha. That does appear to be some sort of permissions issue, then. This is what a post looks like for me when it's been edited:

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 5.25.56 PM

I don't think the above worked - I'm now unable to even get into edit my original post (Replace the reference types weak and unowned with nonstrong ).