Cannot using SPM module with some custom configuration not Debug/Release on Xcode 11

I create Sandbox configuration(duplicated from Debug) and add SPM module(SnapKit, etc...) to Xcode project. But, couldn't import SnapKit to project. Finally, I found location of build results of SnapKit is in Build/~/Debug, and project is in Build/~/Sandbox directory.
How can I fix SPM module build location to Sandbox?

1 Like

One solution I found, even if it's a bit hacky, is to edit Build Locations (in the Project's Build settings) to have all derived configurations build to the same location (eg: have both Debug and Sandbox in your case build to Build/~/Debug). This worked just fine in my case, as the code itself was the same (only the xcconfig was different in order to have separate environment variables)

1 Like

that is the answer i finding. The point was to match the build location. thanks.

I am having the same problem but suggested hack doesn't work. Packages only get built for Debug and Release configurations, doesn't matter how I set build location. Also, build location isn't shared so that's another reason why this solution is inappropriate.

This blog post explain how to fix this Swift Package Hack. Read this post if you have “No such… | by Álvaro Royo | Medium but I would love to know if this is already a bug known by Apple folks @Aciid ?

1 Like