Call for interest (video call kickoff ) - using Swift for embedded / bare-metal / low resources programming

As I promised weeks ago, I'd like to set up a "call for interest" in discussing community investment using Swift for embedded / bare-metal / low resources programming. There was vocalized interest in creating a workgroup (or workgroups) that focused on these areas:

I want to host a video conference call where we can bring folks interested in these areas together to explore exciting directions! The call covers a wide range of potential investments, and in the end, if there is enough interest and activity, I can see the formation of multiple Swift workgroups.

To provide some more background context for the post, I'd like to shout out the excellent post by @andyliu, which covers a lot of relevant concepts and terminology:

Interested in participating in the video call?

I am looking to schedule the video call sometime during the weeks of May 9 or May 16, where those interested can gather together and explore opportunities for collaboration. There may be interest in participation from individuals spanning a wide range of timezones, so I'd like to survey what times work. It might not be possible to find a time that works for everyone, but we can see what we can do!

I've created a forum link to create a partially constructed direct message to me for those interested in attending the call. Please indicate the days and times that work for you (including being clear on the timezone). Once I figure out the timing, I'll follow up with details.

31 Likes

Hi, I tried to indicate an interest by creating a message on the forum link , but it is not possible for me to send you this direct message.

You might have disabled direct messages?

Hi Axel,

I've been receiving messages from others. At any rate, the forum link would have populated a message that looked like this:

During the dates of May 9-13 or 16-20, I am interested in participating in a video call for a "call for interest" for discussing community investment using Swift for embedded / bare-metal / low resources programming.

The following days and times (please include timezone) work for me:

If you can provide me a list of times (with timezones) as a response here, that would work for me!

Ted

Happy to jump on a call related to this ! Open both weeks with a few days warning .

It's weird, but I hope you received my message, as I also received an error on the reply I sent you. Probably because I use a different email in the forum than on my business email.

I'll repost it here:

During the dates of May 9-13 or 16-20, I am interested in participating in a video call for a "call for interest" for discussing community investment using Swift for embedded / bare-metal / low resources programming.

The following days and times (please include timezone) work for me:

Any workday, from 9:00 - 22:00 CEST (Amsterdam, NL), this translates I believe to
0 PM to 1 PM in American units PDT. (which is 13 hours :flushed:)

1 Like

Hi Ted,

Probably it is disallowed because I recently signed up for the swift forums. These are the error messages I get:

Ah, as this message was also bounced, but this time with a proper error message, it is probably because I signed up using my github email, which is not my normal email.

Let’s see if this flows after I added my normal email to the forums…

Nope: third time is a charmer?

1 Like

Update

Thank to everyone who responded! I have scheduled a call for May 19 at 9AM PST. If there is anyone else who is interested in attending, please reach out to me!

3 Likes

I'm having the same issue as others with sending a DM to you. If it's possible to still join the call tomorrow I would love to join. I've been working with @carlos42421, @axello, and others on Swift for microcontrollers.

Same as Axel and Paul, I will try to join, can't DM you.

I have sent DMs to everyone who responded on this thread saying they could not DM me.

1 Like

More meetings ahead ? We would like to participate :slight_smile:

It was a good call. I have some rough notes to stitch together that I'll post (hopefully soon). I'll also received some suggestions from various folks on what they'd like see come next. I hope to circle back with all that signal soon and suggest possible next steps. In the meantime, I encourage anyone to comment on this thread if they have thoughts and suggestions.

7 Likes