C++ interop workgroup sync up (22nd of May 2023)

Hi members of the @cxx-interop-workgroup,

I would like to invite you to an upcoming C++ interop workgroup sync-up meeting, that's scheduled for next Monday, the 22nd of May. This is the agenda for this meeting:

• Discuss proposal to the Language Steering Group to graduate interop out of experimental status.
  • Look over the updates made to the draft documentation PR.
  • Discuss findings related to SwiftPM guidance and how we have to change the plan for guidance in Swift 5.9 .
  • Discuss findings related to the initial evaluation of Swift's move only types.
  • Discuss what features we should pitch to the Language Steering Group to ask them to prioritize for next 6-12 months to help make progress on the C++ interoperability front.
  • What are some of the things that should be prioritized in C++ interop over the next 6-12 months?

If time permits:

• Discuss the problem of template class import - should class templates be copyable or non-copyable?

This sync-up is scheduled for Monday , the 22nd of May 2023, at 10:05 AM PDT (5:05 PM UTC). The meeting will start at 10:05 AM sharp, and will end at 10:55 AM.

Meeting Invite

Call in link for next Monday:

3 Likes

Hello Alex !
May I know a tentative date as of when Swift-C++ interop is moving out of its experimental status ?
I really want to use this feature in my Swift app.

Thanks.

1 Like

We have asked the Language Steering Group to consider graduating C++ interoperability out of experimental status in the upcoming Swift 5.9 release. The Language Steering Group is currently considering it and they will make an announcement once they make a decision.

4 Likes