Build fail sourcekit-lsp

I cloned the sourcekit-lsp repo and ran these commands:

$ swift package update
$ swift build

and the build fails, the error message is shown on the image above.

Iā€™m pretty sure you need to be running the latest Xcode beta to build the latest tools from source. That particular error is a new feature of Swift 5.1.

For anyone working on these tools: these issues happen every time the required Xcode version is bumped. Is it not possible to preflight the build to ensure a compatible compiler is being used? It would save a lot of time and effort.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I tried with Xcode 11 beta 3 and it build successfully.

Hello,

I build it using Xcode 11 beta 3; after compilation I saw an executable inside Products from Xcode

I installed the Extension on VS Code and configured it like this

I also initialized a project using swift package manager, wrote some swift code and tried saving it I see this error on the output tab of VS code

What am I doing wrong here?

I figured it out, since the latest master branch supports swift 5.1, I had to switch my command line tools to Xcode 11 beta 3 (which is the latest Xcode beta). I am not sure why the README.md file has not been updated, I am trying to contribute to the project and it's taking a lot of my time just to build the project.

That's a good idea. We can bump SourceKit-LSP's tools version in the manifest file so you get a nice error saying your toolchain is out-of-date if you use an older toolchain. @blangmuir what do you think?

FWIW, SourceKit-LSP's readme file mentions that you need a trunk snapshot.

The README does mention you need the latest snapshot toolchain, but previously this was only relevant when running sourcekit-lsp, since this is the first time there's been a problem building swiftpm with an older toolchain. I'll update the readme.

I'm happy to update this to match reality (https://github.com/apple/sourcekit-lsp/pull/119), but swiftpm should update as well in that case, since that's where the build failure came from.

Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy