Await keyword is no member of the "Language reference/Lexical Structure/Keywords and Punctuation"

Hi Team!
I am writing a Backus–Naur form reference for myself. I realized that
the keyword for the newly available await-operatorawait operator is not in any category of the "Language reference/Lexical Structure/Keywords and Punctuation" (lexicon) list
As you may check it and add it wouldn't do us any harm :slight_smile: Thank you for considering my observation!

Sandor

Hello! I'm one of the writers who works on "The Swift Programming Language".

Are you looking at the list under Keywords and Punctuation? I think await is missing from this list:

Keywords used in expressions and types: Any, as, catch, false, is, nil, rethrows, self, Self, super, throw, throws, true, and try.

Both try and await appear in similar places the grammar, so I think this is an error in the documentation.

EDIT: If you have a GitHub account, you can open an issue on the open-source Git repository for TSPL. Otherwise, I can create the issue for you.

Thank you, Alex! I have opened the issue.

Thanks — I've opened a pull request with the correction.

1 Like

SuperB I like the way you write. I appreciate the documentation you create for my favorite language.

I might have some other errors identified . Would you like me to open issue one by one? Or should I start with the forum? Or discuss issues with you first?

Sándor

2 Likes

In general, please open GitHub issues for bugs in "The Swift Programming Language". If the errors are related, they can all be in the same issue — for example, if a word is spelled wrong in several places, or several grammar rules around a piece of syntax are incorrect. Otherwise, please use a separate issue for each error.

If you know how to fix the error, you can also create a pull request and mark it as "Fixes #123" after you create the issue. For more information about that process, see the CONTRIBUTING file.

If you're not sure whether something is a bug, or if you think we should discuss what the error is, the forum is a good place to start. In contrast, if you're sure something is a bug, but you want to discuss how to fix it, we can have that discussion on the GitHub issue.