Array.removeAll(where:) duplication

Why is this method duplicated?

2 Likes

Where exactly are you seeing this?

That method is declared on RangeReplaceableCollection, and the standard library has two default implementations for it, one with and one without the additional constraint Self: MutableCollection.

However only the former should be picked up by Array.

RangeReplaceableCollection offers two default implementations of removeAll(where:):

1. A generic implementation requiring only RangeReplaceableConformance swift/stdlib/public/core/RangeReplaceableCollection.swift at 27702fa1155b9e23fde7234492e72305c4e3a34a · apple/swift · GitHub
  2. A more efficient implementation when the type conforms to MutableCollection: swift/stdlib/public/core/RangeReplaceableCollection.swift at 27702fa1155b9e23fde7234492e72305c4e3a34a · apple/swift · GitHub

Array conforms to MutableCollection, so it gets the latter, but the generated interface still ends up showing both.

the generated documentation for Array also contains the duplicated method, which is a strong indication that this bug also exists in lib/SymbolGraphGen.

2 Likes

I'm also seeing this recently. Thanks for opening the topic here and looks we already have an answer for it.

Besides fix it in the compiler side, I was wondering whether swift-docc will be effected by the bug?

i think it does, but they don’t appear adjacent to one another in generated DocC docs because DocC splits off protocol extension members into a separate section.

1 Like