Announcing Swift 6.0.1!

We are happy to announce the release of Swift 6.0.1. New downloads are available on Swift.org - Install Swift

Release Note

Swift

• [#76556] Bump the deployment target for the compiler to macOS 13.0
  • [#76580] Don't build the SDK overlays by default on Apple platforms
  • [#76619] Import static operator call from C++23 as member callAsFunction functions in Swift to preserve source compatibility

Swift Package Manager

• [#7969] PackageDescription: add 2024 Darwin OS versions to SupportedPlatforms

Windows

• [#338] Include features.json from clang to allow tooling to detect features supported by the C/C++ compiler

Foundation

• [#938] URL.host should not return percent-encoded host

Static SDK

• [#418] Fixed: Missing required module '_FoundationCollections' when building with the Static Linux SDK
26 Likes

That was quick! Huh, I really thought that #938 had made it in Swift 6.0!

Thanks, could you add it to the list of releases too? My Android CI scrapes that page daily to check for a new release, as do many other automated github scripts.

3 Likes

Maybe this is why swiftly isn't grabbing it also when doing swiftly install latest ?

Release list updated on GitHub.com

3 Likes

For readers upgrading, FYI the 6.0.1 toolchain might not work in Xcode 16.0 with e.g., SwiftUI library. It seems to work fine with some other dependencies.

https://forums.swift.org/t/unable-to-use-swiftui-with-latest-swift-6-0-1-compiler-due-to-toolchain-sdk-mismatch/74972

Issue presented for me as follows

Failed to reconstruct type for 
  $s7SwiftUI20_ViewListCountInputsVD
Original type:
  (struct_type decl="SwiftUICore (file)._ViewListCountInputs")
Pass '-Xfrontend -disable-round-trip-debug-types' to disable this assertion.

3.	While evaluating request IRGenRequest(IR Generation for file ".../WebView.swift")
4.	While emitting IR SIL function "@$s10WebViewKit0aB0V7SwiftUI0B0AadEP14_viewListCount6inputsSiSgAD01_bgH6InputsV_tFZTW".
 for '_viewListCount(inputs:)' (in module 'SwiftUICore')

edit: On the command line, the suggested workaround enabled the build to complete:

swift build -Xswiftc -Xfrontend -Xswiftc -disable-round-trip-debug-types