- Using development snapshots is not available or more complicated than it should be.
- Delay in availability of latest Swift releases.
- Parity with existing
setup-actions for other tools, i.e.
- Lack of or limited support of windows runners.
- Performance limitations in macOS runners.
- Lack or limited reliability of gpg signature verification.
- Docker support.
setup-swift addresses these points and more giving you easier and secure experience of setting up Swift environment.
Special thanks to @stevapple for helping out in Windows runner support stability.