Add automatic dark/light theme toggle

Please add support for prefers-color-scheme media query on supported browsers.

Maybe we should wait for an official Discourse support, but just in case there is an experimental component, or we can implement our own support [that's up to the team].

More info about Dark Mode support in WebKit.

14 Likes

There’s official support in Discourse now: Dark Mode Automatic Theme Switcher - theme-component - Discourse Meta

I saw a thread where people were complaining about bad syntax highlighting in dark mode, but I’m not sure why because I didn’t see an option to enable dark mode on the Swift forums? I’m especially interested in the mobile site, since unusually catch up on the forum on my phone before bed.

3 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up! @ZevEisenberg
In order to enable Dark Mode you need to log-in and update the settings under your Profile > Preferences > Interface section.

@forum_admins just in case this resource may be helpful, here is how to configure the automatic appearance..

4 Likes

Thank you! I somehow only saw a subset of available preferences when I looked before. This is so much better, and +1 on at least having the option to enable automatic switching.

Is anyone going to push the automatic theme switching for Swift Forums? Swift Evolution has already got a nice one.

1 Like

I would love to see this enabled, looks like it's been supported by Discourse for a while already. This would greatly improve the experience of the Swift forums for me, I manually have to switch between themes all the time right now.

1 Like

This still hasn’t been implemented, as far as I can tell. Is there a reason for that?