I've recently open-sourced my fork of swift-jupyter and PythonKit at: GitHub - liuliu/swift-jupyter: This is a fork of google/swift-jupyter. It is made possible to use Jupyterlab (as well as Jupyter Notebook) with most up-to-date Swift toolchain. and GitHub - liuliu/PythonKit: Swift framework to interact with Python.
Highlights for swift-jupyter fork:
- supports the latest Swift toolchain;
- removed IPython crutch but retained rich outputs with Pandas / matplotlib;
- Bazel to maintain a consistent environment;
- code completion with sourcekit-lsp;
- import libraries from Bazel;
- switch from Kitura/BlueCryptor to apple/swift-crypto for cryptography primitives.
Highlights for PythonKit fork:
- Support passing lambdas from Swift to Python (such as Python.map parameter or Pandas.map);
- Support unbounded range for Python objects (
- Conversion from Date to datetime (this is not ideal, but easy to use with Pandas DataFrame);
- Expose GIL from Python side to Swift (i.e. can release GIL on Swift side now).