Where is version documentation of minor syntax changes?

Upon updating an older project from Swift 4.0 to 4.2, there were a number of compiler fix-it's for things like 'UISegmentedControlNoSegment' has been renamed to 'UISegmentedControl.noSegment' and 'willMove(toParentViewController:)' has been renamed to 'willMove(toParent:)'.

I want to be able to precisely answer the question, "when did this syntax change?" Right now all I can say is, "sometime between 4.0 and 4.2, and you'll have to take my word for it because I can't find documentation of that anywhere." And at some point I'll forget even that much and just have to say I don't remember.

I have tried looking at:

So where is this knowledge kept? I feel like I'm missing some obvious place to look for these things.

1 Like

Apple's API documentation can show diffs, just look for the API Changes control in the upper right. They aren't great, and don’t allow you to compare versions that are far apart, but they can be useful for browsing differences after new versions come out.

What's new with Swift is a very good resource by Paul Hudson. Maybe a little too broad for what you're looking for, but still useful.

1 Like

Yeah I tried looking at that but it seems to go by Xcode versions only, and it still showed "no changes" for those examples I listed even though it wasn't that long ago they changed.

I guess this kind of information is just too niche to make public or something.