Want to contribute

Hello,

Experienced programmer, new to swift. I want to start contributing to the cause. Any low hanging fruit I can help with? Suggestions on where to start if I want to eventually contribute code? I humbly ask for a little direction. Baby steps.

Nate

Hi Nathaniel,

A good place to start is the open Foundation bugs. This query lists all the open Foundation issues.

The other way to start is to go through the swift-corelibs-foundation project and search for unimplemented methods and properties (you can simply grep for "NSUnimplemented") and chose a class you wish to contribute to. A caveat here is that it may be currently infeasible to implement some of the APIs that depend on dynamic class lookup (which exists in ObjC only). I'd hence suggest that you write to the mailing list before spending any effort on any particular API class :-)

Pushkar N Kulkarni,

IBM Runtimes

Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability - Edsger W. Dijkstra

Hope that helps.

Hello,

Experienced programmer, new to swift. I want to start contributing to the cause. Any low hanging fruit I can help with? Suggestions on where to start if I want to eventually contribute code? I humbly ask for a little direction. Baby steps.

Nate

ยทยทยท

swift-corelibs-dev mailing list
swift-corelibs-dev@swift.org
https://lists.swift.org/mailman/listinfo/swift-corelibs-dev

To: swift-corelibs-dev@swift.org
Sent by: swift-corelibs-dev-bounces@swift.org
Date: 04/29/2017 12:12AM
Subject: [swift-corelibs-dev] Want to contribute

-----swift-corelibs-dev-bounces@swift.org wrote: -----