Update-checkout failing

I am trying to build the Swift toolchain, however I'm having issues with the first script, which then causes issues with the compilation itself.

Specifically, this seems to happen with LLVM.
git asks me for my ssh key at one point and fails, even though I'm not even cloning using ssh.

======UPDATE FAILURES======
/path/to/swift failed (ret=128): ['git', 'fetch', '--recurse-submodules=yes', '--tags']
git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

update-checkout failed, fix errors and try again

Did you check out with ssh in the first place, by any chance? You can check by doing e.g. git remote get-url origin, which I suspect probably says git@github.com:apple/swift.git or similar (i.e. you checked out with ssh).

I am using ssh for swift yes, it's a fork with patches because I need the bare metal support pull request that is currently not part of the official repository.

OK, well update-checkout will try to check-out the main repo as well as the dependencies, so you'll need to make sure that git with ssh works properly from your shell. If it does, it should all work.

Well, it works for me when I clone things myself, it's just the script that's failing. do I need to fork LLVM too?

Ok, I forked llvm-project and used -clone-with-ssh and it worked :slight_smile: