Unicode problem

Hi,

I am having problem with emojis’ rendering. Emojis like \u{F3A4} and \u{F3B5} print question mark instead. They begin with number “F”. Whereas the emojis beginning with non-F number render just fine. Is there any way to fix it?

I also noticed that if it make \u{F3A4} to \u{1F3A4} instead, it renders correctly. So I tried the old-school way of traversing the characters and putting 1 before F but I can’t because str.debugDescription.characters only gives me 1 character and nothing to split on.

Any idea what do I do to simply render these emojis?

Those are not the correct Unicode values. There should be a “1” in front — for example, U+1F3A4 is “:microphone:”, the microphone emoji. Plain U+F3A4 is part of a private use area, i.e. isn’t a real character.

I’m not sure where you’re getting the emoji codes with the missing “1”. That seems to be the source of the problem.

—Jens

···

On May 8, 2016, at 5:27 AM, Nabeel Imtiaz via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

I am having problem with emojis’ rendering. Emojis like \u{F3A4} and \u{F3B5} print question mark instead. They begin with number “F”.