Unable to build: "Swift does not support the SDK 'MacOSX10.14.sdk'"

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this. I'm on the latest master of sourcekit-lsp (5c8ed58) and just installed the latest development toolchain (swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2019-08-14-a), but I can't seem to even get it to do the package update step:

☁  sourcekit-lsp [master] TOOLCHAINS=swift swift package update

2019-08-15 10:15:05.514 xcodebuild[34395:3133812] WARNING: Failed to load plugin at path: "/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin", skipping. Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3587 "dlopen_preflight(/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2): no suitable image found. Did find:

/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2: code signature in (/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.

/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2: stat() failed with errno=1" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The bundle is damaged or missing necessary resources., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Try reinstalling the bundle., NSFilePath=/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2, NSDebugDescription=dlopen_preflight(/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2): no suitable image found. Did find:

/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2: code signature in (/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.

/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin/Contents/MacOS/XVim2: stat() failed with errno=1, NSBundlePath=/Users/dhleong/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/XVim2.xcplugin, NSLocalizedDescription=The bundle “XVim2” couldn’t be loaded because it is damaged or missing necessary resources.}

/Users/dhleong/git/sourcekit-lsp: error: manifest parse error(s):

<unknown>:0: error: Swift does not support the SDK 'MacOSX10.14.sdk'

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Most of those warnings seem to be unrelated, caused by my use of the X-Vim2 plugin for Xcode, but I'd tried several times previously to build this thing and always see the "Swift does not support the SDK 'MacOSX10.14.sdk'" error.

The development snapshots of Swift require the Xcode 11 beta SDKs to work. Sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

Aha good to know. Thanks!

Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy