Hi guys... Total Newbie here.....gulp!
After 5 years now of contracting others to do my Apps, I find my children's book (w/games) Apps in total disarray. No one app is coded the same, yet most are identical other than the book story line. To finalize the scenario - the first company I used developed 14 books for me and must have sent them to numerous individual developers - possibly students. One update that works for one - crashes another and so on. Regardless, here I am.
I know it is a big leap for me, but I have to get control of my apps. I have to learn to code.
I was hoping to gain some guidance please on where to start. My plan is to update 1 existing apps (as it is and save as a Demo) to get it optimized and normalized. Then disseminate that code to all books, changing the story book related info only. Then as my experience develops and I learn from you all, I hope to build one book app (with modules) from scratch that is my foundation moving forward.
Can anyone guide me on a few starting points, please? Although I have apps in iOS and APK, my goal is iOS now. I am open to any documentation that is suggested. So here are some questions - A BIG THANK YOU IN ADVANCE:
- How do I know what was used to create my apps?
- What file extension would I be looking for?
- Are there 'pre-made' toddler games (like paint pictures or Match Shapes, etc) and related code so that I can plug'n'play whether paid for or standard w/iOS or Swift?
- I believe iOS is the platform and Swift is the app to code. Any documentation suggested is appreciated.
- Is Swift the only app I should use at this point?
Thanks again - look forward to the adventure!