Speaking for myself, I've long wanted to publish straight through to both static HTML, generate PDFs, and create ePubs - and as you know, that's been a thought and gap with the DocC tooling since we transitioned to it. Fortunately, it's clearly not insurmountable, given the amazing community work to make that happen.
Setting up this content in the open source project, including building and assembling the results with open tooling and processes, sets us up nicely, and that the community can take advantage of it. We want to enable everyone to use this language effectively on the platform and system of their choice.
I'd also like to see a clear pathway for our content to a variety of formats, as well as a significantly improved developer experience to generate the docs (so you don't need to add a SwiftPM plugin to create local docs), and more flexibility in presentation - whether that through VS Code extension, a hosted website, or external apps that consolidate and present documentation content.
@0xTim recent work on Kiln that he posted about recently is really intriguing to me, and I haven't had to really explore that project in any depth. There's all kinds of depth we haven't started to plumb here that I think as a community we could assemble in front of us.