Swift standard libraries should support simple 2d graphics and music on all platforms

Why don't popular languages today come with an easy way to draw 2d graphics and play music by specifying notes in their standard libraries?

I think this is something that Swift should have in its standard libraries on all platforms.

This is outside the scope of the standard library. I expanded this section of the evolution page (GitHub - apple/swift-evolution: This maintains proposals for changes and user-visible enhancements to the Swift Programming Language.) to clarify that:

Out of Scope
• Major new Library Functionality: The Swift Standard Library is focused on providing core "language" functionality as well as common datastructures. The "corelibs" projects are focused on providing existing Foundation functionality in a portable way. Major new libraries (e.g. a new Logging subsystem) are best developed as independent projects on GitHub (or elsewhere) and organized with the Swift Package Manager. Beyond Swift 3 we may consider standardizing popular packages or expanding the scope of the project. We will consider minor extensions to the existing feature set.

-Chris

···

On Dec 7, 2015, at 10:56 AM, Amir Michail via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

Why don't popular languages today come with an easy way to draw 2d graphics and play music by specifying notes in their standard libraries?

I think this is something that Swift should have in its standard libraries on all platforms.

Elaborating, why not have the Swift standard libraries provide the functionality of GW-BASIC in terms of graphics and music for all platforms?

···

On Dec 7, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Amir Michail via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote: