Swift.org snapshots are old

Did something happen to the nightlies at Swift.org - Download Swift?

The builds for 5.7 are relatively recent (April 12th), but the builds for the main branch are between 2 and 3.5 weeks old (April 4th/March 22nd). It's not urgent, but it would be nice if these started updating again.

CC @mishal_shah

1 Like

Yay, they've been updated. Thanks! There are some _Unicode SPIs I wanted to play around with :innocent:

Except for Windows. I actually tried the latest Windows build (still the one dated 12th April) from swift.org, and it failed to install multiple times in a GitHub Actions runner, every time saying the downloaded file was corrupted:

Run Install-Binary -Url "https://download.swift.org/development/windows10/swift-5.7-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2022-04-12-a/swift-5.7-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2022-04-12-a-windows10.exe" -Name "installer.exe" -ArgumentList ("-q")
Downloading installer.exe...
Downloading package from: https://download.swift.org/development/windows10/swift-5.7-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2022-04-12-a/swift-5.7-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2022-04-12-a-windows10.exe to path C:\Users\RUNNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\installer.exe .
Package downloaded successfully in 2.44 seconds
Starting Install installer.exe...
Failed to install the exe installer.exe: This command cannot be run due to the error: An error occurred trying to start process 'C:\Users\RUNNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\installer.exe' with working directory 'D:\a\swift-url\swift-url'. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
Installation failed after 5.11 seconds

Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

This is using exactly the same script I use for other versions of the Windows toolchain, simply changing the URL to point to the latest version. Currently, my CI only tests 5.5.3 on Windows, but I've found that to be a bit unstable, which is why I looked for a nightly to try.

Ping @compnerd

It seems that the 5.7 snapshot is hitting a 404 :-(. CC: @mishal_shah

1 Like

It looks like the 5.7 snapshots are stuck again - they haven't updated for a few days (since April 22nd).