Swift CI Holiday Schedule

During Thanksgiving week and in the last couple weeks of the year, most of the people who do the day to day maintenance of the continuous integration bots and infrastructure will be on vacation in observance of the various (US) winter holidays. In order to keep the builds stable while the maintainers are out on break, we will be observing the following schedule for availability and maintenance of the Swift Open Source infrastructure and associated repositories:

• We will be locking the branches in the Swift repos:
    from November 22 @ 10 AM PST, until December 1 @ 10 PM and from December 20 @ 10 AM until January 2, 2020 @10 AM.
  • Response for infrastructure issues and bot triage during those times will be "best effort”. If you see an important issue, please report it in the forums (you can tag the forum admins for extra visibility) or via email at swift-infrastructure@swift.org
  • PR testing will continue to be available during the holidays, only merging will be disabled
3 Likes

From November 22 until January 12 and from December 12 until February 1. Got it.

...Wait! Those overlap.

I can decipher what the real intent is, but it takes a lot of extra effort to read dates written with digits and it invites confusion.

For anyone else out there as confused as I was, the real dates of the branch locking are Nov. 22 to Dec. 1 and Dec. 12 to Jan. 2. (Edit: I originally wrote “Jan. 1”, but I think that was wrong.)

4 Likes

First schedule locking:

• Locked: Nov 22 2019 at 10 AM PST
  • Unlocked: Dec 1 2019 at 10 PM PST

Second schedule locking:

• Locked: Dec 20 2019 at 10 AM PST
  • Unlocked: Jan 2 2020 at 10 AM PST

Following repositories and branches will be locked:
GitHub - apple/llvm-project: The LLVM Project is a collection of modular and reusable compiler and toolchain technologies. This fork is used to manage Apple’s stable releases of Clang as well as support the Swift project. : swift/master, apple/stable/20190619, and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift: The Swift Programming Language : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift-cmark: CommonMark parsing and rendering library and program in C : master and swift-5.1-branch
https://github.com/apple/llbuild : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift-package-manager: The Package Manager for the Swift Programming Language : master and swift-5.1-branch
https://github.com/apple/swift-syntax : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift-stress-tester: Stress testing utilities for Swift's tooling : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift-corelibs-xctest: The XCTest Project, A Swift core library for providing unit test support : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift-corelibs-foundation: The Foundation Project, providing core utilities, internationalization, and OS independence : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift-corelibs-libdispatch: The libdispatch Project, (a.k.a. Grand Central Dispatch), for concurrency on multicore hardware : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift-integration-tests: Automated tests for validating the generated Swift snapshots behave correctly : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/swift-xcode-playground-support: Logging and communication to allow Swift toolchains to communicate with Xcode. : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/indexstore-db: Index database library for use with sourcekit-lsp : master and swift-5.1-branch
GitHub - apple/sourcekit-lsp: Language Server Protocol implementation for Swift and C-based languages : master and swift-5.1-branch

1 Like

I updated the post to fix the dates...

1 Like

Except that you copied from mine and I think I made a mistake. Mishal’s note says January 2 and I think that is what you must have originally had (not January 1 like I ended up writing). Otherwise I don’t know how February appeared when I digit‐swapped.

My apologies. I wasn’t trying to mess with you. I swear.

:woman_facepalming:t2: Corrected again... Jan 2 is indeed the correct day... The original post is now accurate...

Branches are open again, however please re-request testing before merging.

1 Like

Branches are locked now! If you need to merge change to unblock CI failure please contact swift-infrastructure@swift.org.

2 Likes

Second schedule locking:

• Locked: Dec 20 2019 at 10 AM PST
  • Unlocked: Jan 2 2020 at 10 AM PST

Branches are open again, however please re-request testing before merging.

2 Likes