[Swift 2.2] Fix for UTF8 BOM lexing


(Trent Nadeau) #1

Please consider merging the patch for SR-615 that resolves a compiler error
when a file begins with the UTF8 BOM.

e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

https://github.com/tanadeau/swift/commit/e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

···

--
Trent Nadeau


(Chris Lattner) #2

Hi Trent,

I believe that patch already got merged into master.

-Chris

···

On Feb 4, 2016, at 8:55 PM, Trent Nadeau via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org> wrote:

Please consider merging the patch for SR-615 that resolves a compiler error when a file begins with the UTF8 BOM.

e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

https://github.com/tanadeau/swift/commit/e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945


(Chris Lattner) #3

Oh sorry, I missed that you were asking for it to get merged into the 2.2 release. That’s a question for Ted :-)

-Chris

···

On Feb 4, 2016, at 10:53 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner@apple.com> wrote:

On Feb 4, 2016, at 8:55 PM, Trent Nadeau via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org <mailto:swift-dev@swift.org>> wrote:

Please consider merging the patch for SR-615 that resolves a compiler error when a file begins with the UTF8 BOM.

e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

https://github.com/tanadeau/swift/commit/e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

Hi Trent,

I believe that patch already got merged into master.


(Ted Kremenek) #4

I have pulled this into swift-2.2-branch.

···

On Feb 4, 2016, at 11:15 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner@apple.com> wrote:

On Feb 4, 2016, at 10:53 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner@apple.com> wrote:

On Feb 4, 2016, at 8:55 PM, Trent Nadeau via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org> wrote:

Please consider merging the patch for SR-615 that resolves a compiler error when a file begins with the UTF8 BOM.

e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

https://github.com/tanadeau/swift/commit/e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

Hi Trent,

I believe that patch already got merged into master.

Oh sorry, I missed that you were asking for it to get merged into the 2.2 release. That’s a question for Ted :slight_smile:

-Chris


(Trent Nadeau) #5

Thanks, Ted.

···

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Ted kremenek <kremenek@apple.com> wrote:

On Feb 4, 2016, at 11:15 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner@apple.com> wrote:

On Feb 4, 2016, at 10:53 PM, Chris Lattner <clattner@apple.com> wrote:

On Feb 4, 2016, at 8:55 PM, Trent Nadeau via swift-dev < > swift-dev@swift.org> wrote:

Please consider merging the patch for SR-615 that resolves a compiler
error when a file begins with the UTF8 BOM.

e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

https://github.com/tanadeau/swift/commit/e983501bfd1fd17ac73869a1047ce8b988e0b945

Hi Trent,

I believe that patch already got merged into master.

Oh sorry, I missed that you were asking for it to get merged into the 2.2
release. That’s a question for Ted :slight_smile:

-Chris

I have pulled this into swift-2.2-branch.

--
Trent Nadeau