Suggestions for open projects (GSoC 2018)

Dear Swift Developers,

The Swift project is applying to participate in Google Summer of Code 2018. During GSoC, students get a mentor from the open source community and spend 3 months working on a project.

In preparation for the application, I am looking for open project ideas as well as mentors. Once I have the list, I’ll post it on the project website. The prospective GSoC students as well as any other new contributors will be able to use it as a source of inspiration.

If you have a project idea and/or would like to volunteer as a mentor, please send me the following information by January 15th:
The project title/description
A more detailed description of the project (2-5 sentences)
Expected outcomes of the project or benefits it brings
Possible mentors
An easy, medium, or hard rating
Thank you!
Anna

P.S.
This website has more information about how to construct the project ideas list for GSoC:
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/defining-a-project-ideas-list

Hi Everyone,

If you have an idea or are interested in mentoring, send it in now!

Thanks,
Anna

···

On Jan 8, 2018, at 5:17 PM, Anna Zaks <ganna@apple.com> wrote:

Dear Swift Developers,

The Swift project is applying to participate in Google Summer of Code 2018. During GSoC, students get a mentor from the open source community and spend 3 months working on a project.

In preparation for the application, I am looking for open project ideas as well as mentors. Once I have the list, I’ll post it on the project website. The prospective GSoC students as well as any other new contributors will be able to use it as a source of inspiration.

If you have a project idea and/or would like to volunteer as a mentor, please send me the following information by January 15th:
The project title/description
A more detailed description of the project (2-5 sentences)
Expected outcomes of the project or benefits it brings
Possible mentors
An easy, medium, or hard rating
Thank you!
Anna

P.S.
This website has more information about how to construct the project ideas list for GSoC:
Defining a Project (Ideas List) | Google Summer of Code Guides

Hey Anna!

I am Aviral, Looking forward to Apply for GSOC'18. Would love to know what are the projects which are floated so that I can understand the task and things I have to learn and complete.

Thanks

Hey i am Syed and want to contribute in swift-format tool so i want to know every details regarding this tool

There's a list up on Swift's website that you might find useful.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :D

No problem. I look forward to seeing what you make!

1 Like