Serial DispatchQueue and documentation?


(Jon Shier) #1

Swifters:
  It seems that in Xcode 8 beta 4, DispatchQueueAttributes was refactored to be DispatchQueue.Attributes but in the process lost the .serial attribute. How are we to create serial queues now? On a related note, where can we find the latest documentation for the Dispatch overlay? The Apple docs don’t have any actual usage information yet, so is there any documentation actually generated from code, like swiftdoc.org does for the standard library?
  Here’s a link to the Apple dev forum regarding the same DispatchQueue issue: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/53270

Jon Shier


(Brent Royal-Gordon) #2

Isn't `serial` the default? If so, you should just be able to pass an empty array literal (`[]`) or omit the `attributes` parameter entirely.

···

On Aug 1, 2016, at 3:15 PM, Jon Shier via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Swifters:
  It seems that in Xcode 8 beta 4, DispatchQueueAttributes was refactored to be DispatchQueue.Attributes but in the process lost the .serial attribute. How are we to create serial queues now? On a related note, where can we find the latest documentation for the Dispatch overlay? The Apple docs don’t have any actual usage information yet, so is there any documentation actually generated from code, like swiftdoc.org does for the standard library?
  Here’s a link to the Apple dev forum regarding the same DispatchQueue issue: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/53270

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies


(Jon Shier) #3

Is it? I can’t tell by either the generated interface (default is not a useful value to expose) or a brief read of the Queue.swift file for it.

Jon

···

On Aug 1, 2016, at 6:52 PM, Brent Royal-Gordon <brent@architechies.com> wrote:

On Aug 1, 2016, at 3:15 PM, Jon Shier via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Swifters:
  It seems that in Xcode 8 beta 4, DispatchQueueAttributes was refactored to be DispatchQueue.Attributes but in the process lost the .serial attribute. How are we to create serial queues now? On a related note, where can we find the latest documentation for the Dispatch overlay? The Apple docs don’t have any actual usage information yet, so is there any documentation actually generated from code, like swiftdoc.org does for the standard library?
  Here’s a link to the Apple dev forum regarding the same DispatchQueue issue: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/53270

Isn't `serial` the default? If so, you should just be able to pass an empty array literal (`[]`) or omit the `attributes` parameter entirely.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies


(Jack Lawrence) #4

Serial is the default for a DispatchQueue.

Jack

···

On Aug 1, 2016, at 4:34 PM, Jon Shier via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Is it? I can’t tell by either the generated interface (default is not a useful value to expose) or a brief read of the Queue.swift file for it.

Jon

On Aug 1, 2016, at 6:52 PM, Brent Royal-Gordon <brent@architechies.com> wrote:

On Aug 1, 2016, at 3:15 PM, Jon Shier via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Swifters:
  It seems that in Xcode 8 beta 4, DispatchQueueAttributes was refactored to be DispatchQueue.Attributes but in the process lost the .serial attribute. How are we to create serial queues now? On a related note, where can we find the latest documentation for the Dispatch overlay? The Apple docs don’t have any actual usage information yet, so is there any documentation actually generated from code, like swiftdoc.org does for the standard library?
  Here’s a link to the Apple dev forum regarding the same DispatchQueue issue: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/53270

Isn't `serial` the default? If so, you should just be able to pass an empty array literal (`[]`) or omit the `attributes` parameter entirely.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies

_______________________________________________
swift-users mailing list
swift-users@swift.org
https://lists.swift.org/mailman/listinfo/swift-users