I see Apple's abandoned mailing
lists
. Some kind volunteer
tried to resurrect the Cocoa list on groups.io, but the list seems to
have faltered.

What else is there?

Dave

3 Likes

the most active place I've found so far is this slack https://appkit-abusers.herokuapp.com

3 Likes

You’d be hard-pressed to find a similar community in the iOS/macOS world. I've looked around as well, especially while I was learning SwiftUI, there seems to be none.

Apple should scrap developer forums and think of a more involving format. Nobody is contributing anyway. Quinn “The Eskimo!” is probably handling 90% of the questions haha.

I'd clearly love to have a place where you can talk with Apple iOS engineers the same way we talk with Swift language designers here. Probably not going to happen too soon, but one can hope.

7 Likes

It is remarkable and rare that so many of the engineers responsible for the design and implementation of the Swift language, libraries, and runtime volunteer their time here to answer questions at all levels, making the signal-to-noise here so much higher than elsewhere.

12 Likes

It reminds me of Usenet/News in the earlier days - before everyone got on the internet - and that’s a good thing. (comp.sys.next.programmer anyone?)

4 Likes

1 year later, that URL no longer works. Has the slack moved, or is it defunct now?

Thanks for reporting this, I'll let the admin know

1 Like

Here's a direct link to Slack

2 Likes

Is there a new direct link? This one doesn't work anymore.