- What is your evaluation of the proposal?
- Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
I think so. It's a fairly simple addition that allows a bit more flexibility without extra cost to the mental model.
- Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Definitely. IMO this is how synthesized initializers should have worked from the start.
- If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
Lots of languages have default values and lots of them have implicit constructors, but I can't think of a language now that has both that work in concert. Still, it feels more consistent.
- How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
I read the proposal and participated a bit in the implementation review.
Great work, @Alejandro!