* What is your evaluation of the proposal?
With all due respect, what is proposed here is imho completely unnecessary
and needlessly complicates Swift further.
- in Object oriented development, subclassing should be encouraged, not limited.
if one desires a class not to be subclassed simply add the modifier “final”
Using “final” (as in Java or C++) or “sealed” (as in C#) is imho the best way to do it.
* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
This is a subjective domain. can’t answer that. Anyway, it’s against the basic principles of OOD/OOP
* If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
I’ve read the proposal...
My opinion is based upon years of experience with OOP languages like Smalltalk, Java, Delphi Pascal, Objective C and C++
Kind Regards, now from speyer.de.