Remove Email Limits

I've been trying to get Discourse to work like a mailing list and send me an email for every new post here; however, it looks like some posts are still slipping through the cracks. At first I thought it was something to do with the tags I follow, but the last couple emails have this at the bottom:

Heads up: We send a maximum of 100 daily emails. Check the site to see the ones that might be held back. PS thanks for being popular!

Is there a limit to how many emails I can get in a day? If so, can this be disabled?

Hi @saagarjha -- I've upped the limit to 1000 mails. Let me know if that doesn't fix it for you.

1 Like

It looks like I'm getting emails now, so I think that fixed it. Thanks!

1 Like

Why is there any limit at all? Email can handle high volume.

It was a default setting to prevent people from getting spammed.

I'd strongly prefer to get all the emails despite the volume (this was one the few strengths of the mailing list system). Only getting some of them makes me feel like I have to continuously poll the forums to make sure there isn't something important that is missed.

Do you read them all? :O

Doesn't the forum's push notifications fulfill this purpose? (Perhaps with macOS alerts turned off to prevent over-distraction)

You are getting them all. The current message volume is much less than 1000 per day.

Yes, I have to set the limit to something -- based on current message throughput, 1000 should be well above the total number.

If you think you are missing some emails, let me know, and we'll figure out why.