Remote Swift on Server Developer Opportunity

Hi all,

A role alongside myself has become available. It’s a pretty sweet gig, and I’m sure there’s a member of this fine list who might be interested. Details below.

Tom

My current contracting client is looking to bring another Swift developer on a contract basis. The job is remote with paid-for travel approximately every 6 to 8 weeks for a few days at a time. EU timezones preferred; however, someone further afield may be considered if they are the right candidate and can offer a reasonable amount of overlap with UTC, as we’re currently in early stages where a lot of co-ordination is crucial.

The role calls for someone with a pragmatic understanding of the huge drawbacks (and benefits) involved in writing production-level Swift applications for Linux deployment, along with the expected pre-requisite familiarity with server-side applications in general. We’re using Docker and Kubernetes for orchestration in a multi-region deployment of a microservice architecture, using Kitura’s networking engine and a pre-release, open source server framework. There’s some other domain specific knowledge that would be a plus, so tell us what you know.