Question on Adapting Image Classification Demo to SwiftUI

Hi,

I am brand new here and have just picked up Swift and SwiftUI for a couple of days. I am trying to build a dog breed classification following this demo tutorial.

My question is when I adapt the demo to SwiftUI, the compiler throws a Cannot use mutating getter on immutable value: 'self' is immutable error.

struct ContentView: View {

/// - Tag: MLModelSetup
    lazy var classificationRequest: VNCoreMLRequest = {
    }()

/// - Tag: PerformRequests
    func updateClassifications(for image: UIImage) {
       classificationLabel = "Classifying..."

let orientation = CGImagePropertyOrientation(image.imageOrientation)
        guard let ciImage = CIImage(image: image) else { fatalError("Unable to create \(CIImage.self) from \(image).") }

DispatchQueue.global(qos: .userInitiated).async {
            let handler = VNImageRequestHandler(ciImage: ciImage, orientation: orientation)
            do {
                try handler.perform([self.classificationRequest()]) // <- Error here
            } catch {
                print("Failed to perform classification.\n\(error.localizedDescription)")
            }
        }
    }

/// - Tag: ProcessClassifications
    func processClassifications(for request: VNRequest, error: Error?) {
    }

var body: some View {
            VStack {
                }
            }
}

I searched something related and root cause seems to be ContentView is a Struct if using SwiftUI while ImageClassificationViewController is a class if using UIKit. In that post it suggests to rewrap it in a function. It seems to work but it's kind of repeating code. Would love to learn if this is the best practice. Any suggestions are also welcomed.

Thank you!