Potential systemLibrary pkgConfig issue

Hello there. I'm having a bit of a weird issue when trying to build a project with a dependency on a C systemLibrary.

In my Package.swift I have the following line in the targets section:
.systemLibrary(name: "Cwlroots", pkgConfig: "wlroots"),

Everything seems to be set up correctly, but when I run swift build, I get an error stating that pixman.h cannot be found in a C-header file.

Running pkg-config --cflags wlroots yields:
-I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/pixman-1.

If I run swift build with the flag -Xcc -I/usr/include/pixman-1, the package builds successfully.

I'm unsure whether this is an issue with my configuration, or if this is a bug with the package manager.
Please let me know if I can provide any more information that would be helpful.

(David Hart) #2

Is the project available online? If not, can you check if SwiftPM inserted the correct flags in the .build/debug.yaml file?

I checked the debug.yaml file and no -I flags are present.

(Cory Benfield) #4

What system are you building on, Linux or Apple?

SwiftPM does not actually use the pkg-config command line tool, instead it uses its own pkg-config parser. That means it may have trouble locating your .pc files, most commonly on Apple platforms.

I'm building on Linux. It seems that SwiftPM is able to locate the .pc files because it will throw an error if the pkgConfig string is invalid, e.g. if I change it to wlroot instead of wlroots.

(David Hart) #6

Can you open a ticket on bugs.swift.org with a reproducible case? Either your project, or a small test case?