[Pitch] Adding support for targets with mixed language sources

@tomerd commented on the evolution PR that "we believe we can come back to it around march, and run it then." Is there any progress on this?

3 Likes

Not sure why but it seems to have stagnated. @ncooke3 basically put up a finished product, it just looks like it needs additional review from the right sets of eyes. I'm sure the teams have been busy but I'm in the same spot wondering.

Is there's been any traction here? Can we expect to see this within a next Swift point release? This would enable our decade old (huge) project to begin adopting Swift Packages without having to isolate our intermixed frameworks by language.

I'm not complaining at all, I'm very grateful for the work and effort done, just excited at the prospect and figured I would voice a +1 for the need for this change :grinning:

Hi @TheDeanosaurus and @Kyle-Ye , thanks for supporting this pitch. I haven't had any progress to share until yesterday. Yesterday, I received some exciting news from the SPM team that this pitch's formal review is scheduled to take place in the coming weeks.

For subscribers to this thread, I'll reply when the formal review thread is up. Thanks again for supporting the pitch– I'm looking forward to the next round of feedback! :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Hi everyone, the formal review period started yesterday– check it out here!

4 Likes