PackagePlugin on Windows

is PackagePlugin available on Windows?

Yes, it should be available for all platforms (there should be nothing platform-specific about it).

i had this error:

Compiling plugin Catalog...
D:\a\swift-json\swift-json\.build\checkouts\swift-documentation-extract\sources\catalog\main.swift:1:8: error: no such module 'PackagePlugin'

import PackagePlugin

^
Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

on the Windows CI for swift-json.

The library was probably never added to the list of things to be copied into into the toolchain. @compnerd

Yes, that was an oversight. I believe that the 4/4 snapshot should have it.

See: swift-installer-scripts/devtools.wxs at main · apple/swift-installer-scripts (github.com)

I also have the above error (with Swift 5.6.1 and 5.6.2) when using ParsableCommand (version 1.0.1 or 1.1.4) on Windows ("no such module 'PackagePlugin'"), even when not using a plugin. The code compiles on macOS.

The links do not exist any more.

What can I do? Thanks!

Update: sample project: GitHub - stefanspringer1/ParsableCommandTest: Testing https://github.com/apple/swift-argument-parser

Update 2: I am now using with …swift-argument-parser", .exact("1.0.1"). But it would be nice if this could be resolved in a future toolchain version. Thanks.

The link doesn't work as the files have been renamed for supporting toolchains to be distributed for ARM64 and AMD64. The equivalent path is swift-installer-scripts/devtools-amd64.wxs at main · apple/swift-installer-scripts · GitHub

Using 5.6.x would be the issue. The changes should be available on 5.8 I believe as we didn't have the test suite for SPM passing up until then and so it was unclear if everything was supported then.

Completely fine. Thanks!