#off-topic category for topics unrelated to Swift forum

I don't want to seem rude or something but indeed I had something of both in mind, a trash can category and a democratic way of moderating metadata in here. You should not be able to create new threads in #off-topic category, you can however move flagged threads to #off-topic if desired and still reply to those threads.

@xwu I don't want to blame anyone, but there are topics that completely do not fit in this forum nor in any of the current categories. Therefore such topics have nothing to do with the contribution to the open-source project. Anyone can still open up such topics and take their time to help, but I'd rather have an organized categories instead of spammed categories with threads that give other new users the impression that this is the right place for such topics.

Again, I'm not blaming anyone for anything, I just want a little more dynamic and harmless organization options for everyone.

Here is one topic that made me raise my eyebrow. For the third time, I'm not blaming the person for opening the thread, I just would want it to be moved to something like #off-topic instead.

PS: To clarify, so that we're on the same page, I wasn't taking about rejected topics, previously discussed debates from the evolution process, just topics that really do not fit in here.

The other solution that I have in mind is to create a category for Apple platforms and to push and allow such topics in there.

1 Like