Making an official Swift Community Discord server

well that's a nice option, I actually am already a member of it :joy:, but for some reason it wasn't quite what I'm looking for, and I'm not sure why exactly, maybe it's activity level, maybe organization discord-wise, but I would like a more official one

Thank you for posting the Swift Discord link. I went ahead and joined it but it would be nice if Apple had an official Discord.

i did not know that existed so thanks for the link. i donโ€™t think it needs to be official per-se, as long as enough people know it exists and link to it.

do you know who manages that server? i would be willing to add a link to it from the Swiftinit website to help boost its visibility.

Update:

Just noticed some admins of Swift Slack Channel have enabled the free Pro trial recently. We can see all message now but it would be temporary unless Apple or others would sponsor the channel to pay the Slack Pro Plan.

As part of your free trial, you can now access all of your message and file history.

Slack uses customer data to train their models. You must contact them to opt out. However, they still use your data even if you opt out. Yet another reason to not use Slack.