Local shared environment

Duplicate of this GitHub issue

I'm using UIKit, AVFoundation & ReactiveSwiftComposableArchitecture but the question is related to the architecture itself. I'd like to share the environment with a viewController and store. My VC has a SZAVPlayer (UIView), which is responsible for all the AV-stuff and I'd like to have a client for this object to put it in the environment, but the player object is created later than the viewController, which is initialized by the store.

As far as I understand – I don't have to keep SZAVPlayer object in a view hierarchy, but I have to handle CGImage output, which is not Equatable so it's not convenient to put it in State. I'm gonna try implementing the conformance myself. But maybe someone can give me advice on how to do it in a better way. :slightly_smiling_face:

@stephencelis

As a potential answer, though, you may wanna wrap the image data in your own type that you can conform, and then you may be able to use memcmp for a quick implementation.

@maximkrouk

Container type is a nice idea, but is it ok to compare each frame of video output? Maybe it worth losing some state change data and making container type instances always equal?

I came up to this implementation for Not-Equatable types

public struct EquatableContainer<Content>: Equatable {
    public var content: Content
    private var compare: (Content, Content) -> Bool

public init(_ content: Content, compare: @escaping (Content, Content) -> Bool) {
        self.content = content
        self.compare = compare
    }

public static func ==(lhs: Self, rhs: Self) -> Bool {
        lhs.compare(lhs.content, rhs.content) && rhs.compare(rhs.content, lhs.content)
    }
}

_ = EquatableContainer<CGImage?> = .init(.none, compare: ==)

And then I understood that CGImage is Equatable xD

Anyway I think that sharing objects with ViewControllers may be a generic topic, so I'll leave it here. If anyone has best-practices or questions, now there is a place to share some :slightly_smiling_face:

Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy