Libdispatch - Fatal error: 'firehose/tracepoint_private.h' not found

Hi,

I'm attempting to build libdispatch on OSX 10.12.6 using the latest master branch and I'm running into this build error:

swift-corelibs-libdispatch/os/voucher_activity_private.h:27:10: fatal error: 'firehose/tracepoint_private.h' file not found #include <firehose/tracepoint_private.h>

A Google search shows this file exists inside xnu Apple Open Source project. Is this a dependency that needs to be installed somehow?

Thanks!

cc @das

Update: I downloaded the code for the Xnu package for my MacOSX version here. I then configured the build with the path to this code the --with-apple-xnu-source.

https://opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/xnu-3789.70.16/

However compiling again fails with another missing header file referenced from this code...

swift-source/swift-corelibs-libdispatch/../xnu-3789.70.16/libkern/firehose/tracepoint_private.h:24:10: fatal error: 
  'machine/cpu_capabilities.h' file not found 
#include <machine/cpu_capabilities.h>

Is there a specific version of Xnu which works with this build system? I believe there might be a missing -isystem parameters missing in the build to reference the directory with the missing header file.

Thanks for the help.

Could someone provide some assistance with this? I'm looking to submit a Pull Request but I'd like to make sure that I'm not breaking anything in the process.

Hi, Rojas.
Did you solve this?

same question
another question, why there is not issue in GitHub - apple/swift-corelibs-libdispatch: The libdispatch Project, (a.k.a. Grand Central Dispatch), for concurrency on multicore hardware