Initial smoke test PR message confusion

Hey everyone.

From talking with various people I think there is some confusion around the initial message shown in the PR test state when one creates a PR. Specifically, initially the PR test state says something like this:

This does not mean that tests have started to be run automatically. Instead, you need to start a smoke test by commenting:

@swift-ci Please smoke test

Michael

Do we have control of this message? Can we change the heading to something like “Please run required checks”.

···

On Jul 28, 2016, at 10:40 PM, Michael Gottesman via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org> wrote:

Hey everyone.

From talking with various people I think there is some confusion around the initial message shown in the PR test state when one creates a PR. Specifically, initially the PR test state says something like this:

<Tests.jpeg>

This does not mean that tests have started to be run automatically. Instead, you need to start a smoke test by commenting:

Michael

I think we can do such a thing. +Mishal for a more definitive answer.

The thing is that Mishal I think is trying to fix the {smoke,} test and merge and the normal test to set the smoke test flags so if one does:

@swift-ci Please test and merge
@swift-ci Please smoke test and merge

swiftci can merge for you and so if you do:

@swift-ci Please test

After the full test runs you can merge. IMO it is more important to get that fixed in the short term that the message. So I sent out the email rather than trying to push on it.

Michael

···

On Jul 29, 2016, at 8:26 AM, Ben Langmuir <blangmuir@apple.com> wrote:

Do we have control of this message? Can we change the heading to something like “Please run required checks”.

On Jul 28, 2016, at 10:40 PM, Michael Gottesman via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org> wrote:

Hey everyone.

<Tests.jpeg>

Michael