[Discussion] NIOAPNS: NIO-based Apple Push Notification Service

Thanks for the detailed reply!

1. Will fix this with something I think makes sense. Ill link a PR here.
  2. Will change, no reason. SEO purposes I guess.
  3. Can you flesh out this example a bit more, Im not sure I fully understand.
  4. Sorry, yes this is an Apple term they use on the documentation called the APSDictionary. I didn't want to call it APSDictionary to be confused with a regular Dictionary.
  5. Yes, this is for grouping notifications on the iOS device screen. I linked to Apple's docs here, but ill add more in the files.
  6. APNSNotificationProtocol is needed so custom payloads can be generated. If you look in the original post here, I talked about its necessity. Should I elaborate more?
  7. Would failing the promise here work as well, or should I fireErrorCaught as well.
  8. Using RequestResponseHandler added another dependency but if we are okay with that, then I am too
  9. okay.
  10. The Signer protocol is more for convenience functions while developing. But I suppose we could wrap them all up.
  11. Honestly, this is the biggest crux of the library. I have no way of guaranteeing which open ssl version is installed, but ECDSA_SIG_st is required to sign with the private key. If we went with (like in this PR BoringSSL) this could be removed. But then we have to keep up with BOringSSL constant state of changes.

Would love to continue to hear your thoughts. Ill get to work on a PR with this feedback that's actionable right now.