Discourse forum rollout next week!

Hi All-

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who has provided feedback on our prototype Discourse forum. We are ready to move forward with the transition! The schedule will be:

1/17 ~ 6PM Pacific: We will be putting the mailing lists into suspend mode in order to do the final export of data for import to the forums
1/19 (exact time TBD) - forums will be up and in production mode. We’ll send out one last email at that time to let everyone know.

During the process, I’ll try to keep some status available at forums.swift.org, but expect about a day and a half of outage time between the mailing lists going down and the forums being ready.

If you need to contact the Swift infrastructure team during the outage period the infrastructure@swift.org email will continue to work.

Thanks!
nicole

1 Like

:thumbsup:

Charles

···

On Jan 10, 2018, at 2:22 PM, Nicole Jacque via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Hi All-

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who has provided feedback on our prototype Discourse forum. We are ready to move forward with the transition! The schedule will be:

1/17 ~ 6PM Pacific: We will be putting the mailing lists into suspend mode in order to do the final export of data for import to the forums
1/19 (exact time TBD) - forums will be up and in production mode. We’ll send out one last email at that time to let everyone know.

During the process, I’ll try to keep some status available at forums.swift.org, but expect about a day and a half of outage time between the mailing lists going down and the forums being ready.

If you need to contact the Swift infrastructure team during the outage period the infrastructure@swift.org email will continue to work.

Thanks!
nicole

Hi All-

Just a reminder that we’ll be suspending the mailing lists tomorrow in the early evening in order to start the transition to Discourse…

Cheers!
nicole

···

On Jan 10, 2018, at 12:21 PM, Nicole Jacque <jacque@apple.com> wrote:

Hi All-

Thanks!
nicole

Hi All-

We’re about to start the transition to our new Swift forums and I’ll be setting the mailing lists to suspend mode shortly so we can export/import the mailing list data. When the forums are open for business (ETA: sometime on Friday) I’ll update the swift.org website and send out one last email to the mailing lists (before retiring them for good) to let you know. If there are any unexpected delays, I’ll communicate that via the lists as well. In the meantime, you can still communicate with me and the rest of the Swift infrastructure team if necessary at infrastructure@swift.org.

Cheers!
nicole

Great news.

Thanks for putting the effort in.

-- Howard.

···

On 10 Jan 2018, at 1:27 pm, Charles Srstka via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

:thumbsup:

Charles

On Jan 10, 2018, at 2:22 PM, Nicole Jacque via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Hi All-

Thanks!
nicole

Whoops, that’s swift-infrastructure@swift.org <mailto:swift-infrastructure@swift.org>.

···

On Jan 17, 2018, at 6:07 PM, Nicole Jacque <jacque@apple.com> wrote:

Hi All-

We’re about to start the transition to our new Swift forums and I’ll be setting the mailing lists to suspend mode shortly so we can export/import the mailing list data. When the forums are open for business (ETA: sometime on Friday) I’ll update the swift.org website and send out one last email to the mailing lists (before retiring them for good) to let you know. If there are any unexpected delays, I’ll communicate that via the lists as well. In the meantime, you can still communicate with me and the rest of the Swift infrastructure team if necessary at infrastructure@swift.org.

Cheers!
nicole