Destroy or Clear Map References

When I navigate between the map and other views I get this message: Atlas page destroyed with outstanding references.
Is there a way to clear all map references when I navigate to another page in my app? Thank you

This sounds like a question purely about MapKit, which is Apple's framework. It may be more appropriate/effective to ask over the Apple Dev forums.

Apple's dev forums are currently offline until next week when they unveil the new version (which is hopefully just another Discourse instance).

2 Likes

I'm pretty sure this is just a MapKit runtime issue that you don't have any control over. Apple's frameworks are spewing more and more logging into Xcode dev console, so you learn to ignore it over time, unless its frequent or seems correlated with some issue you're seeing.

1 Like

Apple's dev forums are currently offline

Indeed. Makes me wonder what I’m going to do with the rest of my evening? (-:

until next week

To clarify, the new DevForums is scheduled to land tomorrow (18 Jun).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ DTS @ Apple

Apple's new dev forums are now online. It seems to be tag based rather than hierarchical (AFAICT), so to create a new question about MapKit, I think you would tag it as such. I have no idea how to browse that tag though, since there doesn't seem to be a way to browse all topics or tags.

1 Like

I have no idea how to browse that tag though, since there doesn't seem
to be a way to browse all topics or tags.

Indeed. The Developer Forums FAQ addresses this point specifically.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ DTS @ Apple