Can my technology company use only Swift?

Other than that swift is not recommended for low level code (like interrupt handlers or schedulers) or realtime code (like low level audio).

I digress. Interrupt handlers and schedulers can even be done in Python, as I've seen extensively in Jupyter. Networking, I/O, and process spawning is language-agnostic. For low-level audio, you often depend on system libraries or third-library libraries for optimized kernels, like FFTs and matrix factorizations. If not, Swift provides every single optimization mechanism available in C/C++, except the goto keyword. Don't be discouraged by the fact that very few people are doing this. If you need an example to prove Swift can be used for these things, PassiveLogic.

If you know a language well, you can bypass any barriers to using it on a particular platform or for a particular purpose. People have used Kotlin on iOS by compiling it into stuff that isn't Java bytecode, and used Swift on embedded devices where the Swift stdlib is larger than system RAM (using clever tricks). The most important task is learning to use Swift for everything from high-level scripting to low-level optimization. If When you encounter barriers to deployment, there's an entire community waiting to help you.

5 Likes