Build script and archival steps for the toolchain

I find myself building toolchains very often; with the scripts I am using I am immediately installing to the current Xcode toolchain locations and a considerable amount of time is being spent in creating a tarball of the toolchain (which I don’t really need, but I need all of the steps up-to that point).

I was thinking of adding a new flag to skip the tar command; I did not readily see a way to skip this step but do all of the rest. Is this something useful for others?

On Linux I got rid of the tarball by yanking `installable-package=/blah/blah/blah` (appearing after a `dash-dash` of course) out of my build preset while leaving the `install-*` flags specified (incl. `install-destdir=/blah`), everything else seemed to still happen - does that work for macOS as well and still include the steps you need?? (I don’t have a checkout handy to test with.)

-- Gwynne Raskind

···

On Jun 21, 2016, at 14:45, Philippe Hausler via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org> wrote:

I find myself building toolchains very often; with the scripts I am using I am immediately installing to the current Xcode toolchain locations and a considerable amount of time is being spent in creating a tarball of the toolchain (which I don’t really need, but I need all of the steps up-to that point).

I was thinking of adding a new flag to skip the tar command; I did not readily see a way to skip this step but do all of the rest. Is this something useful for others?