Build failure and differences between test and build

We had a test failure on swift-corelibs-foundation recently on master, which was related to this pull request being merged by me:

The automated tests passed, but after being committed to master, they then failed. I subsequently rolled them back with this pull request:

A few interim builds have failed; if you see messages like failing to compare metric and imperial measurements, that could have been caused by this. Rebasing and redoing such test failures should fix the issues.

It's a bit concerning that the test case failed after merge but passed in the pull request test. Is this expected?

Alex
Test Case 'TestNSLengthFormatter.test_stringFromMetersMetric' started at 2017-06-21 10:16:31.688
TestFoundation/TestNSLengthFormatter.swift:71: error: TestNSLengthFormatter.test_stringFromMetersMetric : XCTAssertEqual failed: ("-6.214 mi") is not equal to ("-10 km") -
TestFoundation/TestNSLengthFormatter.swift:72: error: TestNSLengthFormatter.test_stringFromMetersMetric : XCTAssertEqual failed: ("-0.001 mi") is not equal to ("-0.001 km") -
TestFoundation/TestNSLengthFormatter.swift:73: error: TestNSLengthFormatter.test_stringFromMetersMetric : XCTAssertEqual failed: ("0 in") is not equal to ("0.01 mm") -

We had a test failure on swift-corelibs-foundation recently on master, which was related to this pull request being merged by me:

Remove temporary workaround for SR-3202 by skyline75489 · Pull Request #1043 · apple/swift-corelibs-foundation · GitHub

The automated tests passed, but after being committed to master, they then failed. I subsequently rolled them back with this pull request:

Revert 1043 by alblue · Pull Request #1056 · apple/swift-corelibs-foundation · GitHub

A few interim builds have failed; if you see messages like failing to compare metric and imperial measurements, that could have been caused by this. Rebasing and redoing such test failures should fix the issues.

It's a bit concerning that the test case failed after merge but passed in the pull request test. Is this expected?

I’m not 100% sure that our test cases are being run against a clean build, which has been the root of some confusion like this in the past.

- Tony

···

On Jun 21, 2017, at 6:30 AM, Alex Blewitt via swift-corelibs-dev <swift-corelibs-dev@swift.org> wrote:

Alex
Test Case 'TestNSLengthFormatter.test_stringFromMetersMetric' started at 2017-06-21 10:16:31.688
TestFoundation/TestNSLengthFormatter.swift:71: error: TestNSLengthFormatter.test_stringFromMetersMetric : XCTAssertEqual failed: ("-6.214 mi") is not equal to ("-10 km") -
TestFoundation/TestNSLengthFormatter.swift:72: error: TestNSLengthFormatter.test_stringFromMetersMetric : XCTAssertEqual failed: ("-0.001 mi") is not equal to ("-0.001 km") -
TestFoundation/TestNSLengthFormatter.swift:73: error: TestNSLengthFormatter.test_stringFromMetersMetric : XCTAssertEqual failed: ("0 in") is not equal to ("0.01 mm") -