Build fails on FreeBSD 12-CURRENT (TrueOS)

Hello everybody. I am very interested in getting my feet wet with Swift. I've noticed quite a few posts about people running Swift on FreeBSD. Unfortunately there is no binary in the pkg repos, the port is already out of date and does not build. I've also tried cloning the github repo and building Swift from source but I get compiler errors that are not very meaningful.

It's pretty obvious I'm not alone in wanting to get this working. How are people running this on FreeBSD? If any of you could kindly point me to some instructions I would be very grateful. Also if this isn't the right place to be asking for help (I know FreeBSD is not an officially supported platform) then please advise where the appropriate place would be to ask.

Thank you kindly

Almost forgot, here is the log from build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-freebsd-x86_64/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log

Performing C++ SOURCE FILE Test CXX_SUPPORTS_WE4062 failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /usr/home/damianos/Development/swift/swift-source/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-freebsd-x86_64/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/local/bin/ninja" "cmTC_048d6"
[1/2] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cmTC_048d6.dir/src.cxx.o
FAILED: CMakeFiles/cmTC_048d6.dir/src.cxx.o 
/usr/bin/clang++    -Wno-unknown-warning-option -Werror=unguarded-availability-new -fno-stack-protector -fPIC -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Werror=date-time -Werror=unguarded-availability-new -std=c++11 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wcovered-switch-default -Wno-class-memaccess -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wdelete-non-virtual-dtor -Wstring-conversion -fdiagnostics-color -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Werror=switch -DCXX_SUPPORTS_WE4062   /we4062 -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_048d6.dir/src.cxx.o -c src.cxx
clang++: error: no such file or directory: '/we4062'
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Source file was:
int main() { return 0; }

line 276,277
Do you find workaround?

Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy