AWS Lambda Runtime API

(Natan Rolnik) #21

I forked @tonisuter 's great implementation of the Lambda runtime API and was able to add support for async tasks/operations as well.

I was having a crash related to (what I believe) DNS resolution, but adding the /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_dns.so.2 lib to the layer fixed it.

However, there is still the HTTPS error to sort out.

Toni, good job on what you did!

(Joe Smith) #22

Wanted to highlight that @jasonzurita posted about this at https://www.jasonzurita.com/websites-using-swift-and-aws-lambda :tada:

(Jason Zurita) #23

natanrolnik had the idea of trying to build the Swift source using the AWS Lambda linux (Amazon Linux) environment to resolve the HTTPS issue. I tried this out, by using this docker image, but I run into the following error (since it looks like you are trying something similar, I am not sure if you ran into the same thing @sebsto):

bash-4.2# ./swift/utils/build-script -r
./swift/utils/build-script: note: Using toolchain default
./swift/utils/build-script: fatal error: can't find clang (please install clang-3.5 or a later version)

Here is what I did to get the above:

docker run -it --name swiftawslinux amazonlinux /bin/bash
yum install cmake ninja-build clang python uuid-dev libicu-dev icu-devtools libbsd-dev libedit-dev libxml2-dev libsqlite3-dev swig libpython-dev libncurses5-dev pkg-config libblocksruntime-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev systemtap-sdt-dev tzdata rsync
mkdir swift-source
cd !$
git clone https://github.com/apple/swift.git
./swift/utils/update-checkout --clone
./swift/utils/build-script -r

If anyone has any suggestions of what to try, that would be great!

(Sébastien Stormacq) #24

IMHO, there are two possibilities to address the GNUTLS/HTTPS issue

• a/ compile GNUTls on Ubuntu with compile-time options to point to Amazon Linux's cacerts
  • b/ compile SWIFT on Amazon Linux.

I naively thought that a/ was easiest as I would deal with less dependencies issues. I am struggling on this since several days. GNUTls has so many dependencies and I am still blocked by a lib or other not being installed or correctly identified.

I tried b/ yesterday. The issue reported above by Jason is easy to work around. You need clang, cmake3 installed. I softlinked cmake -> cmake3 etc ... I am blocked further
The problem with the approcah above is that the yum install command can not find most of these dependencies :

No package uuid-dev available.
No package libicu-dev available.
No package icu-devtools available.
No package libbsd-dev available.
No package libedit-dev available.
No package libxml2-dev available.
No package libsqlite3-dev available.
Package swig-3.0.12-11.amzn2.0.3.x86_64 already installed and latest version
No package libpython-dev available.
No package libncurses5-dev available.
No package pkg-config available.
No package libblocksruntime-dev available.
No package libcurl4-openssl-dev available.
No package systemtap-sdt-dev available.

At this stage, I would love to receive help by someone use to build native Linux projects to solve teh dependency issues on a/ or b/