Adding proposal to modernize debug identifiers (#123)

I will adjust accordingly and perform my standard "delete entire repo, refork, and add" because this is the only way I know how to provide a clean pull request.

-- E

···

On Jan 28, 2016, at 9:49 PM, Chris Lattner <notifications@github.com> wrote:

Thanks Erica,

Doug and I discussed this. He is now on-board with adding #line, #column, etc as you have described. I would suggest moving the #sourcelocation field to a "possible future extensions" section to make it clear that we can always add that as a follow-on if/when we decide to tackle a standardized SourceLocation type.

Also, to address the ambiguity with #line, we should make the rule be tied to whether #line is the first token on the line. This is the policy for other whitespace sensitivity we have in the language.

I think that #symbol is great, but it will also be worth discussing whether we keep function as it currently stands and add #symbol, or whether we do as you suggest and remove function.

We can bikeshed on the exact naming of the symbols but #dsohandle with a lower case H seems more natural (analogous to typealias and associated type), but completely other spellings are also welcome :-)

Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub <Adding proposal to modernize debug identifiers by erica · Pull Request #123 · apple/swift-evolution · GitHub.