14.5 beta3 NavigationLink unexpected pop

Not the greatest first post: you should remove your "S-comment" above as it doesn't really help (and I would edit my post to remove your quote once you do so). If you provide a minimum sample app (obviously without any KMM stuff if you want anyone to look at it here) I can test it to see if I can reproduce your results. I've seen unexpected pops and other navigation view / modal sheets issues, but mainly those were on iOS 15. Note that you are posting your comment into a topic called "14.5 beta3".

I'm getting some errors with your approach using the latest Swift version (5.5 I think):

(328, 14) no exact matches in call to initializer

the error happens in this line:

self.init(body: NavigationLinkImpl(destination: destination, label: label))

I could never find a reliable solution to this horrible bug. So I decided to create a custom NavigationLink. This works way better than expected, because all swiftui related functions continue working as usual. Seems like the bug is specifically with NavigationLink.

what xcode version? I am using 13.2.1 and not getting this error. Maybe you have an extension of NavigationLink somewhere?

I came across this problem too, and my fix was using a custom NavLink and changing @EnvironmentMode(\.presentationMode) to @EnvironmentMode(\.dismiss)

You can only have one detail NavigationLink. If you want more levels you need to set isDetailLink(false).